Wednesday, March 30, 2011

[My Finds] Neon Letters

Today while browsing the Craigslist postings for Spokane I came across this ad:

$5
Millwod/Valley
These clear neon letters have been removed from a double faced sign. Perfect for an art project or to be resued. The capital letters are approximately 12" and the lower case letters are approx 8" tall. Each letter will be $5 and connected letters like "or" are $10. Let me know if you are interested. 


Being the advertising lover that I am I quickly contacted the seller and set up a time to check out the letters this evening.  All day my mind was busy thinking of different words I could spell.  I had originally thought I would get an "L" for me, an "M" for my boyfriend, Mike and an "F" for our dog, Fernando.  


Once I arrived, the seller and I discovered that unfortunately there was no L or F.  I was contemplating purchasing the M as well as "in" which reminded me of an "Open" sign.  As the seller's family and I were having fun putting the letters together, I realized I already had the first half of my boyfriend's last name in my hands so we looked for an E and an R to spell Miner.  Unfortunately, the only Rs were attached to other letters so I got an OR and an E and put the E over the O...if that makes sense.


So here is our new MINER sign!



Let me tell you, clear glass letters are A LOT harder to photograph than I expected so these pictures don't really convey how fun (I think) it looks.  


I have only had them home a few hours and am sure to spend the night rearranging the bookshelf to accommodate this  latest addition.



I bought the 503 gas station numbers at one of my favorite local shops, Unified Groove Merchants on Monroe.  I think they were $2 a piece but I can't remember for sure.

Other neon letters are still available.  Click on the title of the ad I posted above to be taken to the original Craigslist ad.

Happy Hunting!
Lu

2 comments:

  1. That is SO cool looking. I have a feeling I would love your apartment. I wish I could go look at the letters myself, but you already told me they have no L. Boo hoo. First letter of kids names would have been fun. The shadow they make looks really good, too. I wonder how they stand up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and don't forget to share your great finds!