Wednesday, January 26, 2011

[My Finds] Garage Sale

Last Saturday my friend and I ventured out to some local garage sales.   Our last sale  of the day was advertised as a multi-family garage sale but when we got there we realized it was one person with two garages FULL of stuff.  I felt like I was on American Pickers digging through the giant pile.  We came away with some great finds that I will share below.

I mention this because as I scrolled through today's Craigslist posts I noticed a post advertising a sale at the same place but this one was a bag sale, meaning you can fill up a garbage bag with as many items as you can and the total will be $5.  Knowing how much stuff we couldn't even get to when we were there on Saturday, I think this sale is worthwhile if you are in need of some items and like a good hunt.

Here are the three items I brought home from this location last Saturday:


I loved this storage bin the moment I saw it.  And I loved it even more once I figured out how it opens.  Do you think I've crammed enough stuff in there?  It replaced two old white, plastic storage containers (the kind with 3 drawers) I've had since college and I think this one looks a lot better sitting in our hallway.  It was $5 and I am very happy with my purchase.                                        

I paid $5 for this stool and I probably should have asked for a lower price but I was happy with the prices I got on my other two items so I didn't bother.  It's working well as an ottoman for now and it will be nice to have an extra seat around when we have guests.

I paid $3 for this metal filing cabinet.  I've been needing a place to hide my boyfriends law books so they don't permanently take over our dining room table.  This thing does the trick and I like all the different places I can hide things in it.  The bottom door doesn't stay shut so I am going to use a magnet to keep it closed.                            


I am happy with my finds from this garage sale and if you decide to check it out this evening I don't think you will regret it.  If nothing else, you can pretend you're on American Pickers (and if you haven't seen that show, I recommend it).

Here is the information from the Craigslist posting for tonight's sale:

Storage Unit Liquidation Tonight Only! - $5 (North Side)

I'm a storage auction buyer, and I have a whole garage full of stuff from 10 different storage units.
I haven't sorted through all of it, and I don't have time.

So, my loss is your gain.

This is a bag sale: I will give you a trash bag to fill up. You can fill it as full as you want with anything from the shop. The price? $5 per bag or 5 bags for $20.

What is in there?

-Old Cell Phones
-Figurines
-Model Cars
-Random electronics
-Clothes of all sorts
-Decorative items
-Books (about 20 boxes)
-Picture Frames

Who knows what else?! I haven't sorted through everything. There could be jewelry, there could be antiques, there could be collectibles. Fill up as many bags as you want!

I also have some stuff not included in the bag sale:

-Jewelry (including sterling silver rings!)
-Chairs ($5 each)
-Antique Bone China
-Furnitue (both modern and antique)

Where and when?

When: Wednesday, Jan 26th from 5PM to 9PM

MAKE SURE TO ARRIVE EARLY TO GET THE BEST STUFF!!!!!

And here is the link to the original ad where you can find the address: Storage Unit Liquidation.

Happy Hunting,
Lu

2 comments:

  1. love the storage bins. You have such a great eye for this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anna! That means a lot. I sure am having fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and don't forget to share your great finds!